Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Philadelphia, PA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 30, 2024
Burro is the leading robotics company in the world by number of robots working outdoors in the field with real customers. Our mission is to free people from tedious work and solve the critical labor shortages faced by farmers and others that work outdoors.
To accomplish our mission, we need a world-class, diverse team where everyone feels comfortable sharing their ideas. With this in mind, we strive to create a work environment where every employee can be themselves and express their perspective – this enables us to deliver the most creative and innovative solutions to problems our customers face.
Headquartered in Philadelphia with an office in central California, and backed by top Agtech and autonomy investors, including Translink, Catalyst, S2G, Cibus, FPrime, Toyota Ventures, FFVC, Xplorer, and Radicle, Burro was created to solve the labor shortages facing farmers using robotics.
Burros can be described as Disney's Wall-E for agriculture and work outdoors, in a 1.0 format. They function, today, as computer vision based autonomous ground vehicles for carrying, towing, and scouting, and are designed to lay the base for the fully autonomous future of work outdoors. We have a growing triple digit fleet deployed in paid commercial use within vineyards, nurseries, berries, and beyond, and demand for our product is accelerating, so we are growing our team.
We are seeking a senior robotics engineer to bring their experience and expertise to our growing team. The ideal candidate should have proven experience in robotics software development and in solving real world perception and controls problems.
- Design, develop and optimize robotics algorithms to improve existing features, build new features and increase software robustness
- Build tools and infrastructure needed to validate performance of said algorithms and features, and test them
- Oversee and develop projects from conceptualization and deployment; Scope vague and challenging problems into smaller engineering tasks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams; Provide guidance and mentorship to other engineers
- Keep up to date with the state of the art innovations in robotics and apply innovative solutions
- Document software development processes and system designs
- Develop production quality code and participate in code reviews
- A Master’s or PhD in Robotics or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience developing software for robotics/mechatronic systems
- 6+ years writing code (C++, python)
- Proficiency with ROS, or equivalently purposed systems
- Proven experience in working with sensor(camera, LiDAR, gps, etc.) data
- Experience with using tools and libraries like OpenCV, numpy, scipy, sklearn, pcl, open3d, etc.
- Solid experience with fundamental robotics algorithms like linear regression, kalman filter, path planning algorithms, RANSAC, demonstrating a strong foundation in robotics principles
- Experience with classical computer vision methods including feature detection and matching, image preprocessing, filtering, object tracking, edge detection, transforms, and optical flow
- Experience in robot controls
- Competitive salary and benefits package (medical/dental/vision)
- Early-Stage Equity
- 401K Plan
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid parental leave
RECRUITERS: We are NOT accepting agency resumes for this position. Please do not forward or submit resumes through our website or to any of our employees directly. Burro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies.