VP, Regulatory and Compliance
About Common Energy
Common Energy is revolutionizing the energy sector. Our platform enables homeowners and businesses to connect their utility account to new clean energy community solar projects, dramatically lower carbon emissions, and save on their electricity. There is no on-site installation and signing up is free and only takes two minutes. As such, we are a key part of the solution to mitigate global climate change. Common Energy’s board and advisors include executives from Facebook, Google, and President Obama’s cabinet.
The Vice President, Regulatory and Compliance is responsible for all aspects of Common Energy's compliance with regulatory policy regarding Common Energy’s business across a growing list of US States. This includes managing relationships with federal and state agencies that regulate solar policy and understanding new rules and regulations. In this role, you will work closely with Common Energy’s leadership and each of the functions to ensure there is clear understanding and compliance of all policies, rules, and regulations in each market we operate.
- Provide strategic guidance on federal and state public policy and regulatory issues affecting the community solar industry,
- Track, analyze and implement federal and state regulations affecting community solar in states in which Common Energy operates.
- Own the relationship with regulatory bodies in each of our markets.
- Collaborate with leaders across all other Common Energy teams, including finance, sales, marketing, and technology, to improve processes and technologies to uphold regulatory standards.
- Serve as Common Energy’s Chief Compliance Officer, to set and implement standards and guidelines that assure Common Energy is in compliance with all regulations and laws.
- Contribute to a positive, fun work environment!
Who We’re Looking For
- 4 Year Bachelor’s Degree in a business, legal or technical area; MS, MBA or Law Degree a plus but not required
- 7 plus years of experience in energy compliance, regulatory, or risk management disciplines
- Expertise in energy policies and regulations for the following states: New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, Illinois, Minnesota, Oregon
- Experience evolving enterprise policies and governing the risk register of an organization
- Direct experience managing senior stakeholders of policy and regulations in regulatory bodies and corporations
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- You want to work for a company with a high impact mission, and on problems that make the world a better place
- You are passionate about problem solving and the potential to develop innovative solutions that enable quality and scale
- You have outstanding relationship building skills and ability to quickly establish trust
- You are driven, self-motivated, enthusiastic and have a “can do” attitude
- You thrive in a startup environment – you welcome change, and the opportunity to lead a team through ambiguous situations to deliver tangible results
- You have permanent authorization to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship
Compensation and Other Good Stuff
- Attractive compensation including equity in the business - $150-180k base salary.
- Learn and work with the best: Our tight-knit team includes experts across the energy sector!
- You will have consistent access to with everyone on the team, including the CEO, COO, and other executives
- Attractive healthcare and related plans
- One team, good people, no politics
***Recruiters: Please do not email Common Energy's CEO about this position***