Are you ready to make a meaningful impact by working for a mission-driven company that leverages machine learning to digitally map soil, helping to sustainably produce food and reverse climate change? Look no further than EarthOptics!
EarthOptics is a rapidly growing AgTech company that develops cutting-edge tools to assist farmers in managing their soil more sustainably, increasing yields, and addressing the global food demand. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as a Field Technician.
As a Field Technician at EarthOptics, you will be part of our dynamic Field Operations team. Working closely with a Group Lead, you will have the thrilling responsibility of assisting in field crop, grassland, and timber research while collecting essential field data using various collection methods.
A Day in the Life…
At EarthOptics, we work with a diverse team, and on your first day, you will be paired with a Senior Field Technician who will guide you through the protocols, prepare sample bags and labels for soil sampling, and equipment inspection before driving to our designated work area. Once on-site, you will use an all-terrain vehicle to collect soil samples at predesignated locations as well as scan the field with our EMI system. Throughout the day, we foster a collaborative and supportive work environment with other Field Technicians, Group Leads, Program Managers, and support staff.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are eager to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment. Under the guidance of the Group Lead, you will have the opportunity to gain new skills while working closely and collaboratively with your team members. At EarthOptics, we are committed to building a diverse team, and we welcome applicants from various backgrounds, educational histories, and industries. We offer a competitive compensation package and encourage you to apply even if you don't meet all of the requirements listed below. We would love to hear from you!
To learn more about what it's like to work at EarthOptics, visit: https://www.themuse.com/profiles/earthoptics
Job Type: Non-Exempt
Travel: Travel is required approximately 75% of the time.
- The budgeted range starts at $20 to $25 per hour. Individual pay is also determined by job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
- Bonuses based on the total number and types of samples collected
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in field crop, grassland, and timber research while collecting valuable field data.
- Maintain and transport equipment to field sites.
- Work closely with the Group Team Lead to receive training and guidance.
- Travel to research sites, including out-of-state locations.
- Document processes and best practices.
- Operate vehicles and machinery safely.
- Follow company procedures and protocols.
- Collaborate with technical teams and share information across the organization.
What we are looking for:
- Ability to perform physical work in outdoor environments, including collecting soil samples and loading/unloading equipment.
- Willingness to travel and work for extended periods, including overnight stays (up to 10 days at a time).
- Capability to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Proficiency in operating computers and electronic devices.
- Eligibility to work in the United States.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality (candidates must sign a non-disclosure agreement if hired).
- Possession of a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
What would make you stand out:
- Preference given to candidates with farm, grassland, timber, or field research experience and/or educational credentials in agronomy or engineering fields.
- Positive attitude and ability to work effectively as part of a team or independently.
What we can offer:
- 401k Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
EarthOptics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender or gender identity, national origin, age, marital, parental, veteran or disability status.