Field Marketing Specialist
Eat the Change
At Eat The Change we believe in breaking down barriers and pushing boundaries, not just in our food and beverage choices but in our beliefs and actions. Eat the Change® is a Bethesda, MD-based company created by activist entrepreneur and creator of Honest Tea, Seth Goldman, and celebrity chef Spike Mendelsohn. Our mission is inspired by the fact that dietary choices represent our single biggest daily opportunity to make an environmental impact. We're on a mission to change it up with chef-crafted, nutrient dense foods and beverages that are delicious, responsibly sourced, and kind to the planet.
In just three short years, Eat the Change has developed products that expand the possibilities of what a more sustainable food system looks like. We offer two main product lines: Organic Carrot Chews – a chewy, yet sweet, better for you fruit snack and Just Ice Tea - organic and Fair Trade certified bottled tea.
We are looking for a Full-Time, Field Marketing Specialist to introduce our variety of products to consumers and build our brand from the ground up. This position will be hands-on: 70% on-site in-store and events executing demos and brand activations, 30% assisting with planning and coordinating marketing activity to better build a strong foundation for our brand to grow.
Are you a self-starter, excited to help us do what it takes to make Eat the Change the #1 consumer preferred brand? Apply!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Proactively engage community partners to create brand sampling opportunities for new consumers.
- Build and maintain authentic relationships.
- Being the face of the brand locally and role modeling the brand behaviors in market.
- Assist with event management – logistics, setup/breakdown, supply maintenance.
- Assist in coordinating and executing sampling activity, product sample deliveries, and brand activations.
- Support with training interns/brand ambassadors.
- Sample preparation including packing, driving the company van, and loading vehicles.
- Support brand marketing by capturing photos/video of activity and report inventory and consumer feedback.
Skills and Qualifications
- Passionate about our mission to empower consumers to choose (and enjoy!) foods that align with their concerns around climate change and health.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow.
- 1-2 years related work experience, hospitality and/or food service experience a plus.
- Thrive in a startup environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Strong communication skills, both externally and internally
- Ability to travel daily and deliver products via access to a personal vehicle.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Organized, reliable and detail oriented.
- Ability to be on your feet and/or on the go for 4+ hours continuously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Details of the Position
- Hybrid role (DC Metro based)
- Must have access to a personal vehicle
- Must have a license with a clean driving record
- Reports to the Field Marketing Manager
- Follows COVID safety protocols and assumes risks of working in current retail, office, and field environments.
- Flexible schedule required, primarily Wed - Sunday
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This is a Full Time, Contract (1099) position
Eat the Change™ is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested? Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Line: Field Marketing Specialist