Field Marketing Intern
Eat the Change
Join our “Road Warriors” internship and help build our better-for-you snacks and beverages brands from the ground up. This position will be hands-on: executing in-store demos and brand activations at local events, and reporting market insights. This intern will be the face of our brand and will learn what it takes to build a brand by doing. Road Warriors gain exposure to food industry leadership at an entrepreneurial enterprise that is quickly growing its sales and impact.
Do you have a passion for meeting and engaging with new people, helping build a healthier food system, and immersing yourself in the local community? Then join us to help make Eat the Change® the #1 planet-friendly snack and tea brand in the US!
At Eat The Change we believe in breaking down barriers and pushing boundaries, not just in our food and beverage choices but in our beliefs and actions. Eat the Change® is a Bethesda, MD-based company created by activist entrepreneur and creator of Honest Tea, Seth Goldman, and celebrity chef Spike Mendelsohn. Our mission is inspired by the fact that dietary choices represent our single biggest daily opportunity to make an environmental impact. We're on a mission to change it up with chef-crafted, nutrient dense foods and beverages that are delicious, responsibly sourced, and kind to the planet.
In just three short years, Eat the Change has developed products that expand the possibilities of what a more sustainable food system looks like. We offer two main product lines: Organic Cosmic Chews – a chewy, yet sweet, fruit snack and Just Ice Tea - organic and Fair Trade certified bottled tea.
- Dive into the "Tea Season" with our exciting Just Ice Tea product lineup.
- Experience in-person training sessions at our HQ and connect with our passionate and experienced team.
- Gain firsthand insights into building a successful brand directly from our founders.
- Engage in a stimulating book club with Founders, exploring the principles that drive Eat The Change.
- Immerse yourself in our day-to-day operations by joining different departments by participating in various calls and projects.
- Showcase your learnings and contribute to the company's growth with the opportunity to present your insights at a company-wide meeting at the end of your internship.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Execute In-Store Demos and brand activations.
- Act as the face of the brand pro-actively engaging consumers on-site.
- Assist the marketing team by capturing field activity and reporting customer feedback and retail insights.
Skills and Qualifications
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and eagerness to learn and grow.
- Passionate about our mission to empower consumers to choose (and enjoy!) products that align with their concerns around climate change and health.
- Clean driving record and access to a motor vehicle.
- Ability to lift 50lbs.
- Ability to be on your feet and/or on the go for 4 hours continuously.
- Hospitality and food service experience is a plus.
- Strong communication skills and outgoing personality.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
Details of the Position
This is a full-time summer internship based in the DC Metro area reporting to the Field Marketing Manager. Road warriors are paid $640 weekly, estimating 40 hours/week, including frequent weekend work.
Eat the Change® is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.