Test Engineering Intern (Summer 2024)
Who we are:
Electra is electrifying ironmaking to decarbonize steelmaking and eliminate 3.7 gigatons or 10% of global CO2 emissions. Leveraging proven industrial-scale electrochemical and hydrometallurgical processes, and backed by leading sustainability-focused venture capitalists, our team is developing lower cost, scalable solutions utilizing intermittent renewable energy to forge a cleaner, greener future for the trillion-dollar steel industry.
With a uniquely collaborative culture, endless passion for developing disruptive technologies, and the opportunity to revolutionize carbon-intensive manufacturing industries, careers at Electra offer challenge, reward, and the chance to bring to market solutions that dramatically improve the health of the planet.
Internship Program Summary:
The 2024 Summer Internship Program is open to current undergraduate and graduate students pursuing majors in related fields.
The goal of the Program is to provide students with hands-on, industry experience while offering the opportunity to make valuable contributions at Team Electra.
In this you will:
- Assist with designing, assembling, and operating Electra's test infrastructure.
- Identify and integrate instrumentation for process monitoring and data acquisition.
- Ensure safe operation of all test platforms and help develop safe testing procedures.
- Assist with data acquisition and data management from test equipment to enable maximum learning from every test.
- Must be actively enrolled in an accredited college or university and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in mechanical engineering or related degree
- Ability to interpret existing designs
- Ability to safely use hand tools, power tools, and other shop equipment (wrenches, saws, drills, etc.)
- 3D modeling software experience (SolidWorks preferred)
- Familiarity with coding languages (Python, Matlab, C++, SQL, etc.)
- Knowledge of electrochemical cell components and fundamentals
What’s in it for you:
- Hands-on experience in an industry environment
- Opportunity to work on novel technologies
- Opportunity to collaborate with other teams
- The pay rate for this position is $28.00 per hour for undergraduate students and $31.00 per hour for graduate students.