Electrolyzer Stack Engineer (Mid-Career to Staff)
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
In this role, you will use your interdisciplinary skills to create compelling mechanical components & system designs. You are a self-motivated team player excited to build a new generation of electrolysis equipment. We are hiring multiple candidates for this role.
You will be based in Natick, MA, and report to our Director, Stack Technology.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with cell engineering, system engineering, and product management teams
- Develop next generation mechanical designs for various components and systems
- Develop models to analyze stress, fluid, and thermal performance and inform design
- Perform tolerance stack-up analysis
- Create custom drawings and system specifications, and select off the shelf components
- Work closely with suppliers to manage part quality and delivery timing
- Evaluate samples, build prototype components, and assemble prototype systems
- Develop and perform component and system level testing
- Release products to manufacturing, supporting volume scale up
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- BSME or similar (MS preferred)
- 5+ years mechanical engineering/design (multidisciplinary skills preferred)
- 2D/3D CAD (e.g. SolidWorks), combined with stress, thermal, fluids analysis
- Extremely organized and detailed oriented
- Hands-on experience is essential
- Experience taking products from concept through manufacturing
- Eagerness to seek better solutions, asking fundamental questions
- Scrappy self-starter with an ability to spot problems and take initiative to solve them
- Startup experience preferred. Excited to put in the hustle required to get things done!
- Experience in renewable energy, climate tech, or chemical industries preferred
- Passion for decarbonization highly preferred
Compensation & Benefits
[San Carlos, CA Zone] Mechanical Design Engineer (P3): $119,000 - $159,000
Mechanical Design Engineer (P3):
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!