Customer Site Development Manager
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We have an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Customer Site Development Manager. The Customer Site Development Manager will assume responsibility for de-risking our customer site deployments and ensure our customer sites are ready for assembly of our plant. You have strong skills in anticipating needs, developing relationships, influencing without authority, galvanizing dispersed teams, aligning projects with business objectives, monitoring progress, mitigating risk and achieving milestones, all while effortlessly communicating results to stakeholders. All of this takes place within the framework of achieving a company's goals and vision. You have proven experience in development and/or project management in Texas and can deliver industrial projects on time and on budget.
You will be based remotely in the Houston and/or Beaumont, TX area and will report to the VP of Business Operations.
- Manage issues as they arise that jeopardize the success of the project that come from utilities, government agencies and customer changes
- Identify and assess potential risks and technical challenges and proactively develop appropriate mitigation plans
- Develop a detailed site development plan to schedule key milestones and activities
- Understand the needs of a site and project to determine what problems could arise beforehand
- Prepare and coach clients to complete technical pre-requisites before deployment starts
- Understand complex industry policies and regulations
- Guide the client to gain the essential permits necessary, depending on their specific requirements
- Analyze, raise and resolve project issues with the customer and team in timely and cooperative manner
- Establish and maintain a relationship with our customer, ensuring the project is delivered to their satisfaction
- Ensure timely delivery of projects by developing contingency plans and making recommendations to senior management
- Interact with customers to clearly understand business needs and expectations
- 8+ years of project management experience and 5+ years of construction field experience, preferably in field engineering, quality control, project development and/or project management
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or similar field
- Experience with utility interconnections
- Working knowledge of the power grid and utilities in Texas
- Experience with permitting (environmental, construction, etc.) and the EPA and TCEQ
- Deep understanding of land rights and easements
- Deep experience working with EPC and site contractors in Texas
- Problem solver
- Connections in Texas, gulf coast with contractors
- Experience with industrial application development or thermal power development
- Heavy on people skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Strong attention to deadlines
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to manage multiple fast paced projects and complete in a timely manner
- Proven success working with all levels of management
- Experience with contract negotiation
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience managing budgets and change orders
- Experience working across multiple code jurisdictions
- Problem-solving and leadership skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to travel 25-50% time
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera and/or other project management software tools
- Strong working knowledge of desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Office)
- Project management qualification (PMP) and/or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
- Background in energy/climate related businesses
- Experience in planning, fabricating, delivering and assembly of heavy modular systems
- Experience working with deeply technical engineering team colleagues
- Passionate about decarbonization
- Spanish (professional working proficiency)
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!