Development Engineering Technician
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
As a Development Engineering Technician, you will be responsible for building Electric Hydrogen’s next generation, large-scale electrolysis stacks. You will be working alongside a team of engineers and other technicians to help build prototype stacks and conduct acceptance and functional tests to enable the collection of crucial data for multidisciplinary teams across the company. This role will work closely with other teams to assess electrolysis cells, stack design, and help test new materials and scale-up processes.
You will be based onsite in our lab in Natick, MA, and report to the Manager, Cell Testing.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Fabricate, assemble sub-components and final assembly of electrolyzer stacks.
- Perform a variety of experiments using both routine and special test methods to assess functionality of stack before and after electrolysis operations.
- Set up, maintain, and troubleshoot test equipment.
- Complete documentation in the course of work, including manufacturing documentation, test logs, and test reports.
- Maintain standard operating procedures and advise on potential areas if improvement.
- Conduct development tests to assess our product performance and process efficiency.
- Operate automated equipment.
- Use manual hand and power tools.
- Operate test equipment including high-pressure setups and electrical testing.
- Comply with all safety and standard operating procedures.
PRIOR EXPERIENCE & PROFESSIONAL QUALITIES
- High School Diploma / GED (accredited) or higher
- Some experience working in manufacturing or wet lab experience is a plus - high pressure, electrical and mechanical systems
- Judgment and action skills required to solve commonly encountered problems
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- High level of workmanship with attention to detail
- Must work in a standing or seated position for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours
- Significant walking or other means of mobility
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and must adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses
- Must reach, bend, stoop, push or pull and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Occasionally lift or move 60 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud at times
- Must wear appropriate PPE
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS | [Natick Zone] Development Engineering Technician
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!