Test Engineer Co-Op
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Test Engineering Co-Op to be based in a plant or lab environment. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with unique viewpoints excited to build and optimize a new generation of electrolysis equipment!
You welcome feedback from scientists about how to make test equipment even better. You coolly analyze data to provide information-driven decisions to cross-functional teams. Your experience has taught you to be cautious about the promised performance of products and always think about how or why components fail. No two days will be the same. You will have multiple test stations running simultaneously that you will be helping optimize and collect data from. You will be asked a hundred questions a day by scientists, engineers, and technicians.
You will work onsite, be based in San Carlos, and report to our Manager of Test Engineering.
- Working towards the completion of or recently completed Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Creative with an eye of detail
- Collaborative and friendly to work with
- Eagerness to seek better solutions, asking fundamental questions
- Self-starter with an ability to spot problems and take initiative to solve them
- Passion for decarbonization highly preferred
- All students will have the opportunity to develop communication skills, gain laboratory experience and benefit from a valuable experience within a start-up culture while learning about the energy industry.
- $1,500 transportation stipend will be provided or $3,000 relocation stipend (depending on location).
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!