Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
The Manager – Quality Operations manages and coordinates all activities of personnel engaged in Quality Operations responsibilities at Electric Hydrogen. Responsibilities that report into this role include Incoming Quality Control (IQC), In Process Quality Control (PQC), Quality Review Board (QRB), Metrology Maintenance & Calibration (MMC), Final Quality Inspection (FQI), and Product Disposition (PD), to ensure adherence to Electric Hydrogen quality standards.
You will report into the Senior Vice President, Operations and work onsite in our Devens, MA location.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the Quality Operations leadership team across Electric Hydrogen Product line. Establish and oversee Quality Operations performance indicators.
- Assure that manufacturing quality and performance data are measured, trended, reported, and acted on promptly to ensure compliance and support continuous improvement.
- Create the global quality operations strategy ensuring an understanding among and partner goals.
- Create an environment that is inclusive and diverse allowing employees to be their authentic selves, while motivating them to produce their best work.
- Foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and collaboration across organizational and geographical boundaries; willing to break down functional silos to improve results and to facilitate our growth.
- Manage quality assurance and compliance activities to produce the highest quality products and prevent defects.
- Create and control the quality operations budget.
- Monitor and facilitate work relationships for engineers, inspectors, operators, and partners.
- Help establish QMS. Ensure quality operators demonstrate compliance with all elements of the QMS.
- Collaborate with the engineering and operations teams and other internal and external partners to ensure product strategy is performed to achieve measurable results.
- Perform periodic audits to verify compliance in operations and act as subject matter expert for Quality Operations during internal and external audit / inspection.
- Track recurring issues and escalate to achieve root cause corrective action.
- Oversee product quality data and partner with the appropriate function to resolve problem parts, supplier, and processes to closure.
- Bachelor of science degree and 10+ years of management experience.
- Work across all levels of the organization and with external partners.
- Must be knowledgeable of standard inspection tools, gauges, optical comparators, and several types of coordinate measuring machines.
- Prior experience as subject matter expert for internal and external audit/inspection.
- Must be familiar with sampling procedures and tables for inspection by attributes.
- Working knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance and ability to read technical drawings.
- Must have a working knowledge of QRB/MRB related activities.
- Experience in Automobile, Semiconductor or Medical Device industry and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Working knowledge of quality tools: measurement repeatability systems, process control tools (Statistical Process Control)
- Lean Six Sigma experience including working knowledge of FMEA, 8d, Kaizen, and SPC control methods, Theory of Constraints.
Compensation & Benefits | [Natick Zone] Quality Operations Manager [M3}
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!