Cell Test Engineer
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We're looking for a Cell Test Engineer to develop electrochemical testing protocols to validate performance and durability of cell technology. You will ensure data-based decision-making by guiding execution of well-controlled experiments and collaborating across multiple teams to promote a 360-cell design.
You will be based in our Natick, MA office and report to the Director of Cell Testing.
Role and Responsibilities
- Design and implement electrochemical test protocols on research-scale cells and product-intent stacks to validate cell technology.
- Perform electrochemical and mechanical characterization of cell components to advise optimization of important components affecting the electrolysis cell performance and durability
- Work with software engineering team to automate data analysis for promoting data-based decision-making
- Document and present experimental test plans and results across multiple teams
- Gain in-depth understanding of electrolysis cell test stations to troubleshoot and resolve issues during test operation
- Lead efforts to track performance using statistical analysis tools to identify cell and test stand variability
- Develop standard operating procedures for implementing electrochemical testing protocols
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field such as Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry.
- 5+ years' in industrial/R&D testing of electrochemical devices.
- 5 years of experience with electrical , instrumentation & control systems, and power supplies
- Occasionally able to work nights and weekend, in a loud production environment and able to lift at least 50 lb
- Exhibits commitment to a safe, reliable, and efficient work environment
- Preferred Qualifications
- M.S. or Ph.D.
- Experienced with testing water electrolysis cells
- Understand mechanical systems for handling fluids and gases.
- 1 year of Experienced with Python
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS | P3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!