New Product Integration Engineer - Installation & Commissioning
Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for engineers for the New Product Integration (NPI) team to build and optimize installation and commissioning processes for first-of-a-kind, large-scale, modular, and mass manufactured electrolysis plants. You will work with the sustaining deployment & commissioning teams, all engineering disciplines, fabrication, manufacturing, supply chain, and outside contractors to deploy new plant designs. You will also be working on a variety of projects focused on building and integrating first of a kind chemical process facilities.
You will need to travel based on the current stage of the product development cycle. Upon hiring, you will participate in at least one onsite customer deployment and commissioning of the electrolysis plant (50-75% travel for 3-6 months). During the majority of the development cycle, this role is hybrid, 2-3 days on average in office with about 25% travel. You will be based in San Carlos, CA, but will also spend time at our San Jose, CA location. You will report to the manager of New Product Integration.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop the plant installation and commissioning plans, work instructions and manage/document the installation processes for new designs
- Work with the sustaining deployment and commissioning team to implement the processes you develop
- Collaborate with design engineering teams to incorporate lessons learned into new designs
- Work with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to understand and streamline testing of plant components in the field
- Come up with solutions to accelerate schedule, reduce time onsite, and decrease cost of installation and commissioning, while maintaining high degree of quality and consistency
- Determine which features and improvements get added to the product during release cycles and the timing of the release cycles
- Work with other members of NPI team including fabrication, manufacturing, interface design, operations & maintenance
- Work with outside vendors, contractors, and consultants
- Bachelors or higher in an engineering background (Mechanical, Chemical, Aerospace, Electrical or other similar Engineering Degree)
- 3+ years industry experience and at least 3 years working on large job sites during construction and/or commissioning
- Experience creating installation, commissioning, and operations plans, work instructions, drawings, and documents
- Familiar and deep understanding of: construction, commissioning, project engineering, scheduling, turn-arounds, operations, plant troubleshooting, QA/QC, maintenance, instrumentation, and/or manufacturing
- Worked on interdisciplinary engineering projects and has worked on projects that involve coordinating between multiple stakeholders (internal & external)
- Worked in process facilities including, but not limited to: chemical production, gas generation & storage, oil & gas, ultra pure water, or similar
- Experience implementing manufacturing methodologies working on modular chemical process facilities
Compensation and Benefits | P3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!