Electric Hydrogen Co.
Electric Hydrogen’s mission is to make molecules to decarbonize our world! Our outstanding people are our most important asset and will allow us to deliver hydrogen from renewable electrolysis for heavy industry, at prices below fossil fuels.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Technician to join the manufacturing operations team. You will be responsible for processing materials, operating equipment, and hand assembly of sub-components. You should have a background in manufacturing and have meticulous attention to detail and be able to spot the smallest imperfections in products.
You will work onsite in our electrolyzer factory in Devens, MA. You will report to the Vice President of Manufacturing Engineering.
Role and Responsibilities
- Execute defined fabrication and assembly processes
- Hand assembly of a variety of sub-components
- In-process testing and validation
- Operate automated equipment
- Record results, organize data, and perform basic computations
- Stop production if machinery fails or a major defect is detected
- Maintain a record of mechanical repairs and adjustments
- Report incidents, faulty operations, or product imperfections on the assembly line to management
- Able to work overtime and weekends as needed
- High School Diploma required
- 1+ years' experience working in a manufacturing or wet lab setting
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and both written and verbal instructions
- Ability to operate manual and power tools as well as material handling equipment, including manual and electric power lift tables
- Ability to complete manufacturing documentation as required in the course of work
- Experience handling hazardous materials
- Must work in a standing or seated position for extended periods of time, up to 8 hours
- Significant walking or other means of mobility
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and must adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses
- Must reach, bend, stoop, push or pull and frequently lift up to 40 pounds. Occasionally lift or move 60 pounds
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may be loud at times
- Must wear appropriate PPE
Compensation and Benefits | S3
Actual base salary offered to the hired applicant will be determined based on their work location, level, qualifications, job-related skills, as well as relevant education or training and experience.
Base salary is just one part of Electric Hydrogen’s total rewards package. We feel strongly that our team should not have to worry about having quality healthcare. In addition to the base salary offered, the hired applicant may receive:
- an equity grant
- time off programs
- a $75/month cell phone allowance
- a 4% employer 401(k) match
- 100% fully paid premiums for employees and their families: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term & long-term disability coverage
- a discretionary bonus
Electric Hydrogen’s benefits programs are subject to eligibility requirements.
COVID-19 vaccination required for all employees and contingent workers, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved. All prospective hires will be expected to provide proof of vaccination to attend an onsite interview or at their first day of employment.
About Electric Hydrogen
Electric Hydrogen is a team of the world's experts in scaling technologies for the post-carbon world, with a proven record in transforming the grid and transportation sectors. Backed by some of the world's top venture capital firms, we design and manufacture electrolytic hydrogen systems matched to renewable power sources to create green hydrogen by splitting water. We are building a cost-effective and transformative path between renewable energy and multiple large industrial sectors. Abundant and low-cost renewable energy sources will power the world, and Electric Hydrogen technology will use this energy to decarbonize industry through sustainable materials. We were founded in 2020 and are based in California and Massachusetts.
Electric Hydrogen is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all to belong. We are aware that people from historically underrepresented groups are less likely to apply if they don't meet 100% of the job requirements. We are actively working on efforts to change this social norm. If you are excited about this role, we encourage you to apply!