Senior R&D Process Engineer
The primary responsibility of the Senior Process Engineer is to support plant operations by establishing, providing and maintaining the process engineering, technical and tooling functions and ensure that robust manufacturing processes are achieved to meet the plant’s productivity, delivery, quality and safety objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; Packaging, Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or similar technical field.
- Minimum 5 years experience with process and equipment development or using advanced troubleshooting techniques on high volume manufacturing.
- Preferred Minimum accredited lean six sigma green belt.
- Recognized technical abilities and practical experience with strong capabilities in the following areas:
- Theory/functionality of manufacturing systems and unit operations
- Continuous improvement techniques (Lean, TPM, Root Cause Analysis, Quick Changeover/SMED, Process Centerlines)
- Statistics and analytical methods, Process measurement and control
- Change management
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Project.
- Must be fluent in English and be able to travel internationally.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
- Proven process improvement and change management skills.
- Ability to work and influence all levels of the organization from Senior Leaders, Functional Leaders to project managers and practitioners in all functional areas.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent critical and logical thinking skills to identify problems and view best solutions from a variety of perspectives.
- Ability to work in a fast pace, lean environment with heat above 90 degrees.
- Effective coaching and mentoring skills.
- Ability to provide dynamic, participant-centered training.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams globally.
- Ability to prioritize and organize, work well under stress, and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong decision-making and problem resolution abilities.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, when working across multiple countries and geographies within and outside the company.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve process and equipment methods to enable on time delivery of new products, cost reduction, decreased cycle and set-up times, quality, and efficiency improvements, utilizing statistical knowledge.
- Participate in solving quality problems involving research and development equipment, and drive improvement and process changes that improve performance, yield, cost and efficiency.
- Single point contact for equipment issues, concerns, and possible continuous throughput improvement ideas and/or projects.
- Setting up process parameters and monitoring equipment by conducting regular testing.
- Create and oversee standardized production procedures and maintain all documentation for products, such as work instructions; and determining ways to minimize operating costs, such as equipment justification to enhance performance.
- Work closely with employees and co-workers to plan and design methods to maintain, improve or enhance existing manufacturing processes.
- Develop, establish, and ensure appropriate departmental standards, methods, policies, procedures and documentation are in place and maintained.
- Modify or reengineer processes to increase throughput while maintaining or increasing the quality and accuracy of output.
- Collaborate with colleagues on issues like cost projections and reduction, as well as run times.
- Conduct tests and measurements throughout stages of research and development to determine control over such variables as temperature, density, specific gravity, pressure, and viscosity.
- Monitor and analyze process performance for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Initiate business cases for new capital equipment or more cost-effective processing methods.
- Establish detailed instructions and guidelines for research and development process engineering and production departments.
- Define specifications for new or improved equipment, and participate in equipment design in coordination with designers, vendors, and other engineering groups.
- Support Footprint’s strategic plan by meeting monthly, quarterly, and annual goals and objectives, including all KPIs and KPMs pertaining to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People and Environment.
- Assume direct responsibility for meeting primary goals and objectives, as well as assuming a shared and supporting responsibility with other peer managers for meeting their primary goals and objectives.
- Health Care Plans (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Training & Development
- Medical and Prescription Plans
- Dental Plans
- Vision Care
- Basic Term Life and Accidentals Insurance
- Voluntary Life
- Short & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Time Off Program
- Company Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan