Assistant Operations Manager (Overnight)
About Good Eggs
At our core, we represent radical freshness, impeccable quality, curated selections and exceptional service. Picked yesterday, baked this morning, by the people we know and trust. We go straight to the source and bring only the best right to you. We're Good Eggs.
About the Role
As an Assistant Operations Manager, you will be responsible for strategic problem-solving and leading a team to deliver the best tasting, highest quality food and products to our customers, on time and in full. You will be responsible for the day-to-day fulfillment center processes including, replenishment, order picking, receiving, shipping and delivery. Additionally you will be accountable for profitable labor staffing, opex spending meeting budget; strict adherence to employee safety guidelines, employee communication, performance management, employee coaching, and discipline. You will lead and execute fulfillment center initiatives and maintain an open communicative environment focused on continuous improvement and generating innovative ideas & initiatives. You are intuitively a forward thinking strategic problem-solver, action oriented, as well as executional, and analytical in how you make decisions or drive progress with your team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the successful performance of the fulfillment center by working with the team, meeting all customer demands, company guidelines and established metrics.
- Manage both employees and company metrics to meet or exceed performance objectives & profitability goals
- Provide real-time company communication or feedback as needed to employees for managing performance, employee morale and or information needed for a successful shift.
- Every shift via strong interaction with employees, manage employee performance, attendance, adherence to company standards, food safety and OSHA safety guidelines, as well as company metrics.
- Keep track and make work assignment adjustments for shift productivity, overtime, and downtime as a means to help the company meet financial goals.
- Manage and control the overall fulfillment center workflow utilizing, ideas and areas for improvement identified by you and your team(s).
- Set clear expectations, lead a high performing team; implement systems that deliver repeatable and reliable results.
- Organize the team and reinforce processes to meet daily volume targets.
- Establish a culture of continuous improvement to maintain performance excellence by coaching and providing feedback.
- Provide team recognition and have a positive and motivational tone with the team.
- Train team members to anticipate challenges before they arise and lead root cause analysis for issues.
- Complete verbal & written disciplinary action as needed and participate in coaching and disciplinary meetings.
- Contribute to the development of effective employee training programs resulting in a cross-trained and agile workforce.
- Report to operations leadership and/or other departments any issues or areas of improvement.
- Execute measurable operations goals that deliver uncompromised safety, quality, service, and performance results.
- Write informative or operational reports and work on special projects as needed.
- 4+ years of related experience with the majority of that time in a management capacity leading and directing teams.
- Strong familiarity with metrics and data.
- Strong decision-making and creative problem-solving skills for both business and people related topics.
- Experience in a food manufacturing/distribution or grocery environment is a plus.
- Proven ability to motivate a team, mentor, coach and influence people to achieve business goals.
- Strong experience and proficiency with computer systems and or a related WMS software required.
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety and Occupational Safety standards.
- Experience in process improvement (Six Sigma, 5S, Kaizen) preferred
- Strong commitment to employee communication, with ability to communicate both in writing or verbally. Bi-lingual Spanish & English is a benefit.
- Action oriented, rarely sitting at a desk and happy in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work weekends as a regular part of your schedule. Flexibility to work different days and shifts as business needs demand. Good Eggs is a 24 hour operation, seven days a week. We do not offer Monday through Friday schedules. Schedule flexibility is required.
- We characterize this role as physically demanding. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as lifting, walking, balancing, stooping, bending, climbing, pushing, pulling carts, and handling of materials.
- Must be able to regularly lift, carry and/or push and/or pull between 30 to 50 pounds.
- Walking: Up to 7 hours per day
- Standing: Up to 7 hours per day
- Ability to work for extended periods of time in refrigeration and a freezer (-10F)
- Seating: Up to 2 hours per day
- Reaching: Up, down or laterally, up to 7 hours per day
- Please be aware that you are required to wear PPE for Covid-19, food safety, local, state or federal laws, related PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as mandated by Company Policy. As an organization, we support vaccination mandates as key to keeping all employees healthy and safe. Good Eggs requires employees to be fully vaccinated by their first day of work, but will consider accommodations for those who can't receive the vaccine for disability or religious-based reasons. Please be prepared to present your vaccination record during the job offer process. Disability or religious-based exemption requests will require further verification and documentation.
Why work for Good Eggs?
Work for a purpose-driven company in an incredible work environment with passionate, diverse, and accomplished team members.
Our benefits and compensation package is the following for this role:
Targeted compensation range: $75,000 - 80,000/yr
Equity: 500 options
Paid Sick Time
Enrollment after 90 days in our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (not matching at this time)
For employees working 30+ hours per week, Medical, Dental and Vision plans with Kaiser & United Healthcare
Generous Parental Leave
Life Insurance, AD&D, Short and Long-Term Disability - all eligible employees receive coverage
20% Employee Discount
Pursuant to the Oakland Fair Chance Ordinance, we consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The Good Eggs Compensation Philosophy:
We offer competitive compensation based on market rates, evaluated bi-annually. Our final offer is based on years of experience, length of time with title, and demonstrated impact while in previous roles, combined with our compensation philosophy.
Good Eggs provides equal employment opportunities for team members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We hire and promote individuals based on their qualifications for the position to be filled. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.