Talent Pool - Design Engineers
Design Engineer - Talent Pool
Are you an experienced Design Engineer who can take designs from concept through to manufacture?
Does the thought of joining a start up with a focus on creating sustainable eco conscious products and technologies appeal to you?
Matter. is a Venture Capital backed CleanTech microplastics capture technology scale-up, focused on sustainable design and circular economy. You will be working on some of the biggest challenges of our time, removing microplastics and micropollutants from the world’s waterways and airways.
Through brilliant design thinking, powerful partners, and an impatience to make what we do matter, our mission is to develop and scale products that are the hard line between the biological and technical cycle.
You will work with the rest of the engineering team to deliver technology from concept to technically feasible, commercially viable and sustainably designed solutions.
- A degree at 2:1 or equivalent level of experience in mechanical engineering, product design or similar.
- Experience of working within this industry for a minimum of 2 years.
- Experience testing products and technologies.
- A high competency in use of hand tools and power tools for the fabrication of functional prototypes.
- The expertise to solve mechanical problems both on paper and using computer calculations and simulation.
- An understanding of fluid dynamics.
- Experience in developing test methods, running testing, analysing data and writing reports.
- A proven record of high-quality, fast turnaround prototype building.
- Experience in design for manufacture principles, including injection moulding, tooling actions and tolerance stacks.
- Experience in designing prototypes for 3D printing, finishing techniques, and building methods.
- Experience managing engineering documents (BOM, FMEA, Functional Requirements etc)
- Experience working with standards and regulations for product compliance.
- The ability to pitch ideas and present to clients and customers.
- Experience dealing with suppliers, negotiating deals and samples.
- Skilled at developing solutions to high risk, high-value problems with proof of delivery on complex technical challenges.
If this sounds like you, then please apply to our Design Engineers Talent Pool