Mill is all about answering a simple question: how can we prevent waste? Less waste can save time, money, energy, maybe even our planet. And there’s no better place to start than food. Food waste is one of the most solvable climate problems facing us today. Plus, our trash really stinks. It’s gross, heavy, and our least favorite chore. At Mill we are striving to build a better environment for all, as we take on climate and kitchen change.
As Lab Technician you will be part of the Mill Engineering team helping to bring new consumer hardware products to life.
What you’ll do
- Create and modify test setups with direction from partner Engineers, covering both electrical and mechanical aspects of Hardware Development.
- Perform electrical rework and mechanical modifications of prototype devices
- Run data collection experiments, with procedures co-developed with partner engineers.
- Execute Reliability and Validation test plans with procedures co-developed with partner engineers
- Maintain lab equipment, materials inventory and infrastructure including overall lab cleanliness.
- Maintain regular communication with immediate team and cross-functional partners to share out key findings, critical updates, etc.
What you’ll need
- Experience or Training working in a hardware lab environment
- Ability to work autonomously with exceptional prioritization and time management skills
- Strong communication skills to take complex science topics and learnings to share with cross-functional partners
- Excellent soldering skills
- Proficiency with hand tools including drills, dremels, screwdrivers, hammers, etc.
- Experience with machine shop tools (CNC, mill, lathe) is a plus.
- Proficiency in various computer programs such as Google Suite, Jira, or equivalent
- Experience with running test scripts across multiple platforms
The estimated base salary range for this position is $120k to $175k, which does not include the value of benefits or a potential equity grant. A wide range of factors are considered in making compensation decisions, including but not limited to skill sets, market conditions, experience and training, licensure and certifications, and business and organizational needs. At Mill, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role.
For your awareness, we have been requiring that all employees and visitors who come into our offices verify that they are fully vaccinated with respect to COVID-19. Of course we are open to discussing accommodations where legally required, such as for medical or religious reasons. If you need to discuss accommodations or better understand this requirement, please let me know. Otherwise, please prepare to provide verification of your vaccination.