Business Development Director - Offshore Energy
About Ocean Aero:
Ocean Aero is an award-winning US company that has created the world’s first and only environmentally powered Autonomous Underwater and Surface Vehicle (AUSV.) Ocean Aero’s autonomous marine robot, the Triton, operates exclusively on wind and solar energy and performs long endurance missions on the ocean surface with the ability to dive below the waves for underwater operations. The Triton uses a complex array of custom-built sensors, marinized electronics and software systems to operate, sense and communicate in the environment.
The Business Development Director - Offshore Energy will be responsible for the overall business development, orders, and revenue generation for Ocean Aero in the Offshore Energy market. This will include leading customer interactions, developing new pipeline opportunities, driving opportunities to order closure and revenue recognition, and managing client relationships for a high caliber customer experience. This role will report to the Chief of Staff of the company.
- Develop a strong network of key Offshore Energy industry participants and key thought leaders.
- Effectively communicate the ability for the Ocean Aero Triton to meet the customer needs of the Offshore Energy market.
- Identify future opportunities and build new incremental opportunity pipeline.
- Work with prospects and customers to convert opportunity pipeline into signed customer orders.
- Partner with operations and supply chain for on-time customer delivery and order conversion to revenue.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships and ensure outstanding customer service
- Translate prospect and customer feedback to executive team for technical and operational changes to improve customer experience.
- B.S. or B.A. in a related technical field from an accredited university.
- 8+ years’ experience in business development and/or sales.
- 5+ years’ experience in the offshore energy market.
- Solid understanding of, and experience with, the development of new markets.
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills. Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Championship of the latest marketing trends and technologies to support go-to-market efforts.
- Broad technical experience with software, mechanical, and electronics systems.
- Ability to work closely and build relationships with engineering teams and management.
- Proficient with MS Office tools.
- US Government contractor position. US Citizenship required.
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Relevant experience in unmanned or autonomous systems.
- Ability to obtain a DoD US Secret Clearance.