GIS Analyst Internship (Spring/Summer 2024)
Headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, Sentera builds specialized software, analytics, cameras and drones that capture and integrate in-field data insights and images with digital ag platforms. Agronomists, researchers, growers, seed retailers and supply chain managers use insights fromour products to improve the precision, efficiency, and sustainability of their businesses.
Sentera is seeking a GIS Analyst Intern with knowledge, experience, and interest in the fields of geospatial data processing and analysis to apply these skills toward analyzing images of farm fields and orchards captured by drones.
You will be a part of our fast-growing Solutions Engineering / GIS team working alongside agronomists, software engineers, and machine learning scientists to quantify what’s happening in farm fields and orchards. Mastery of geospatial concepts, processes and software is crucial to this role.
- Process sets of images captured by drones to produce georeferenced mosaics (raster data) using stitching software.
- Perform a wide variety of raster and vector based analytic tasks related to georeferenced imagery of farm fields and orchards.
- Use internal tools, workflows, and models to process imagery of agricultural fields.
- Generate maps and reports.
- Generate polygon vector layers based on customer description of farm field experiment locations for zonal analysis of raster data.
- Perform zonal analysis of raster data using a combination of automated tools and manual workflows.
- Use internal tools and workflows to automatically detect and analyze trees in orchard imagery.
- Inspect results and make edits to shapefiles using quality assurance workflows.
- Prepare processing results for customer delivery.