Senior Manager, Customer Success
Sofar Ocean Technologies
Sofar is on a mission to connect the world’s oceans. We design, build, and deploy the largest privately owned network of marine weather sensors to power the world’s best marine weather forecasts. Our data helps our customers to increase efficiency and reduce emissions, delivering tools to governments and other stakeholders to understand impacts of climate change on extreme weather and ocean health. We live on Planet Ocean, and our goal is to create the ocean intelligence needed to ensure a sustainable future.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Customer Success Manager to join our team to help the maritime shipping industry adapt to a rapidly changing regulatory and economic environment.
Wayfinder, our dynamic voyage optimization platform, is a ground-up new technology that uses our proprietary data and forecasts to deliver the most efficient strategies to vessels and shoreside teams in real time. Data-driven, dynamic optimization unlocks unprecedented potential for efficiency and savings, and gives Owners, Operators, and Charterers unparalleled control over speed, fuel consumption, and their CII strategy.
This role presents a unique opportunity for an ambitious Customer Success leader with strong maritime roots to join a Bay Area startup to help manage our most important APAC customers. CS is the trusted point of contact for Wayfinder strategic customers throughout their lifecycle: onboarding, adoption, advocacy, and renewal.
Impact You'll Own:
- Be on the front-lines and ensure our customers increase the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of their operations with our Wayfinder voyage optimization product
- Compose joint success plans with customers, outlining their objectives, metrics, timelines, and effectively removing any barriers to achieving business value
- Orchestrate executive business reviews with our customers' decision makers and our executive leadership where we look back at past successes and align on upcoming goals
- Conduct workshops with customers to understand their current operations and recommend workflow changes to get the most out of Wayfinder
- Deeply understand the Wayfinder platform's capabilities and explain them to shipping customers of all types - dry bulk, tankers, container lines, LNG carriers, and cruise lines.
- Consistently assess “health checks” for your customers to drive satisfaction, adoption, retention, and reduce churn
- Keeping the Sofar team (Routing Ops, Sales, Product) aligned to deliver exceptional customer experience
- Track and monitor all customer issues and requests through resolution, ensuring customers are updated regularly
- Effectively represent your customers in driving product development for new features
- Serve as a mentor to the wider Customer Success and Support teams Champion, role model, and embed Sofar’s cultural principles as we scale globally and across new offices
- Based in APAC, ideally Singapore
- 10+ years of related CS experience in maritime shipping, logistics, energy, and/or geospatial tech
- This is a demanding position with high internal visibility, that requires strong priority management and high emotional intelligence
- Proven track record of building trust and communicating effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders: executives, Product and Engineering leadership, day-to-day users of our software (specific experience in shipping industry is required)
- Strong technical CS experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Solutions-oriented with strong problem solving skills
- Passion for going above and beyond the call of duty, taking initiative, and thriving in a fast-paced, change-heavy environment
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer issues
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Strong bias for action, the ability to think big, with insistence on high standards
- Deep passion for the Ocean
- Familiar with using Hubspot CRM
Sofar's Commitment to Climate Justice
We at Sofar Ocean acknowledge that careers in the marine sciences “... have traditionally been, and remain, non-diverse work environments”, thereby limiting the entry and prosperity of underrepresented groups in the space. (Johri et al., 2021) Many of these same groups are disproportionately affected by climate change, and are often excluded from decision making that directly address their interests and needs.
We are committed to addressing these climate injustices and highly encourage people who identify as women, LGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) to apply.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.