Sales Support Coordinator
Why you should join us:
At Sound Agriculture, we believe our food system can nourish consumers while benefiting farming communities and the planet. Through a deeper understanding of plant and microbial biology, we are leveraging the natural power of plants to make agriculture more agile and resilient. Our work focuses on developing nutrient efficiency products and modernizing plant breeding to improve the way we farm and the food we eat.
Sound is a Series D startup funded by leading investors in food and agriculture including Leaps by Bayer, Syngenta Group Ventures, S2G Ventures, BMO Impact Investment Fund, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Fall Line Capital, Cavallo Ventures, FootPrint Coalition and Northpond Ventures.
What you'll do:
We are adding a Sales Support Coordinator to provide sales support and operations to our sales team and customer service to dealer and grower customers. This position is responsible for administering processes and increasing customer satisfaction within all phases of selling, ordering, using, and paying for Sound’s flagship nutrient efficiency product line, SOURCE.
Successful Sound Sales Support Coordinators have experience servicing a wide range of needs for sellers and customers in agriculture, knowing how to help and solve problems at various points of sales and crop production cycles. Ideal candidates deliver a highly engaging mix of communications and follow up to customers, while leveraging technology to perform and streamline their core operational responsibilities. They are passionate about going the extra mile and navigating dynamic, ambiguous environments on the back end to keep things simple for their customers.
The role reports to the Director, Customer Experience and can be based remotely across the United States or in our Emeryville, CA headquarters. The role has little to no expected travel, but is required to be available 8am to 5pm M-F (Central Time) for customer service channel response.
$77,000 to $85,000 base salary plus an annual bonus target of 10%
Bonuses are earned based on annual company and individual performance and are prorated based on start date.
Sound reserves the ability to adjust the compensation range based on the final candidate’s experience, skillset, and geography. In addition to on target earnings, we offer above average equity grants for the industry as we believe that every employee should have a stake in the company’s growth. If you’re above this compensation target, we encourage you to reach out and discuss the entire package and opportunity before deciding not to pursue this position.
Sales Support & Order Operations - 50%
- Respond to sales team member requests for help using Salesforce and Docusign, such as finding information, organizing sales leads, running sales reports, creating and closing opportunities, and reissuing updated contracts
- Process and modify orders before shipment, including adding and removing discounts and changing product amounts ordered
- Facilitate new dealership sign-ups by granting access to systems and resources
- Assist the customer service manager with sending orders to the warehouse on a daily basis, updating tracking information, and auditing shipping reports for breaches in our shipping SLAs
- Lock-in customer eligibility for the performance guarantee (PG) program through verifying and updating required order data
- Maintain an accurate view of customer PG coverage status with ownership of account data and tasks that move customers to next stages
Customer Service & Case Management - 20%
- Manage inbound customer inquiries and requests. Achieve excellent first response times for all customer service channels (coverage hours are 8-5pm CT)
- Triage and escalate wide range of cases with appropriate urgency levels, such as user site problems, order fulfillment issues, technical complaints, and exceptions returns
- Drive fast case resolution times through strong collaboration with sales, finance, manufacturing, revenue operations, and customer experience teams, finding solutions even when defined processes do not exist
- Support payment deadlines by providing instructions and capturing customer payments over the phone
- Lead customers through claims by validating submission data and walking them through final outcome reports
Customer Communications - 20%
- Help customers use point of sales systems and websites by communicating release notifications and issue/maintenance announcements
- Drive customer engagement with the PG program by executing qualification and enrollment campaigns
- Prepare customers for product deliveries through communications before, during and after shipments
- Increase customer payments with “prepare to pay” campaigns and follow up outreach on overdue invoices
Internal Teamwork - 10%
- Improve use of products and processes by creating internal and external documentation
- Help refine and implement new operating procedures through team collaboration and new process testing
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts by maintaining high quality documentation and assisting with monthly KPI tracking and reporting
Targeted Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated success in sales support and/or customer service, maintaining high customer satisfaction ratings, fast response times, and expedient issue resolution
- Professional experience in the agriculture industry supporting sales teams and dealer and grower customers selling and buying through agency, retail, and direct routes to market
- Tech-savvy with a high degree of comfort and motivation to perform daily work in multiple software applications including troubleshooting and assisting customers with sites they are using. Experience with Salesforce is highly preferred, comparable experience executing broad sales/customer operations in CRM, point of sale, ticketing, order management, and task management systems is required.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where some tasks are structured and others require new learning, development of process, and proactive decisions for the best methods to obtain results
- Is a confident communicator with customers that can easily deliver both outbound communication and reactive responses to customers in email and over the phone, helping communicate topics for the first time and working through unscripted scenarios
- Proactively navigates customer cases that don't always follow defined process or policy
- Has worked with grower spatial field data or can easily learn how to access, view, and assess completeness of data in platforms like John Deere Operations, Climate Fieldview, AgFiniti
- Has worked to fulfill customer orders and ensure satisfaction during shipping, delivery, billing, and returns
- Can independently plan work and prioritize tasks to get things done and easily collaborate across teams to drive urgency and follow through
- Easily conceptualizes the “moments that matter” for internal and external customers and goes above and beyond to solve problems and offer proactive help
How this role demonstrates our values:
- Boldness: Holds an extremely high standard for the customer experience in every interaction, seeking to achieve the fastest resolution times and highest satisfaction ratings for customers every time
- Ownership: Takes full accountability for all customer interactions and creates urgency for customers to be served; desires to be known as a go-to problem-solver
- Tenacity: Comfortable being uncomfortable with ability to think on their feet and find solutions to customer problems or blockers
- Creativity: Stays curious about root causes of customer inquiries and regularly surfaces suggestions for new solutions, processes, or resources that would improve the customer experience
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in a disruptive startup with a talented, experienced, and growing team of dedicated individuals
- Competitive total rewards package, including equity
- Performance bonus structure or uncapped commission plan for sales positions
- Comprehensive health care plans that include Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Flex Spending Account (Healthcare, Dependent Care & Commuter Benefit)
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Mental health and wellbeing benefits
- In-person and virtual events and engagement activities (we actually like hanging out with each other!) (e.g. First Fridays, Meditation, Potlucks, Cultural Events, Running and Climbing groups, Photo Contests, weekly Team lunch, etc.)
Sound Agriculture does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies responding to job postings. We will not respond to unsolicited requests to submit candidates.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We seek a diverse pool of applicants and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, Veteran status, marital status, or any other protected status.
Sound participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, Sound is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before Sound takes any action, including terminating your employment.