Software Engineer, IoT Manufacturing (m/f/d)
tado° is the European market leader in developing and selling smart products and services to control your climate at home. We are internationally recognized for our unmatched compatibility, our award-winning elegant design, and for being truly open with major smart home platforms. Over 200 employees contribute every day to the success of our company, share their ideas, and are part of a dynamic and highly professional value chain. We want to make a difference, challenge our business every day and find new colleagues who are just as passionate about our products as we are!
Why work at tado:
- Be part of our international and multicultural team of people from 42 nations
- Contribute to shaping our next generation Smart Home IoT products & services which help the world save energy.
- Be empowered: Rather than telling you what to do, we want you to tell us what to do.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently, and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether we are really adding value for customers and our business.
- Scale with us: Our customer base and number of deployed devices grows by a 50-70% every year. Help us design our processes and devices to be ahead of this growth.
Your daily business will involve:
- Collaborate with different EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) to ensure production up-time and quality
- Develop the software driving our production lines - producing millions of devices
- Enable our product teams to bring new products from prototype to mass production
- Scale our existing production framework while keeping it lean by automating repetitive tasks
- Try out new technologies and think out of the box to move fast in a domain with various challenging infrastructure and SWE touchpoints
- Solid software engineering experience in Python 3.x (> 3 years)
- Willing to learn about manufacturing processes for embedded systems, e.g Functional Tests (FT), End of Line Tests (EOL)
- Concise and effective communication with the audience in mind (we're working with EMS in different countries and different cultural backgrounds)
- Ability to reach our Munich lab if required - not on a daily base
- You actively search for opportunities to improve yourself, the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- Enjoy a remote-friendly environment and flexible working from home options across Germany.
- Weekly free lunch at the office, a bright & modern working space only 10 mins from Munich Central Station
- Benefit from our annual Learning & Development budget for your professional and personal development.
- Grow individually by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues through an open, appreciative feedback culture and regular peer-to-peer training.
- Take advantage of company-wide events and regular “Beer O’clock” - parties as well as various sport events organized throughout the year.
- For your fitness and work-life balance, we support discounted access to gyms and courses through “EGYM Wellpass”.
- Benefit from corporate discounts.
- 30 days of vacation, subsidized German language courses, and a contribution to the company pension scheme.