Mid/Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (m/w/d)
Sustainable and affordable energy is more important than ever. aWATTar is the first power supplier in Austria and Germany with a tariff that is dynamic on an hourly basis. Since the start of 2022 we are a subsidiary of tado°, one of the leading smart energy companies in Europe.
With our innovative electricity tariffs we create not only new saving opportunities for our customers but also more space for solar and wind power in the grid. We have been awarded the “Greenstar(t)” prize of the Austrian Climate Fund and for some time now also have been disrupting the German market with our innovative offerings. The trend towards electric mobility and electric heat solutions (heat pumps) additionally fuel our growth.
We need additional support for our Engineering Team and are looking for a Mid/Senior Full Stack Software Engineer (m/w/d), to work together with enhancing our modern energy billing system.
- You'll be responsible for designing and implementing both frontend and backend services, ensuring applications responsiveness and integrating external APIs
- You'll plan for scalability, performance optimization and ongoing improvements
- You'll be involved in designing, maintaining and analyzing databases tables, as well as code written by other developers
- You'll keep up to date with the latest development tools, frameworks, methods and architectures
- You have extensive technical expertise in both backend and frontend development at a Mid/ Senior level. In addition, you have hands-on experience with Google Cloud services and are adept at adapting to new technologies and unfamiliar codebases.
- You are a conscientious individual who takes initiative, manages time efficiently, and values self-improvement, team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- You have a track record of introducing incremental changes to production systems effectively.
- Your communication skills in English and German allow you to explain complex topics clearly to different stakeholders.
- You have an interest in energy markets, particularly the electricity markets, with prior experience being a valuable plus but not required.
- Work remotely from anywhere. We value flexibility, so you and your team will decide together if and when in-person meetings are required. Any other time you can choose to work from anywhere you want, as long as you are available for pairing and video calls during our core hours from CET 9am to 5pm.
- Become part of our mission to integrate more solar and wind power into the grid using digital technologies and customer solutions - and thereby boost climate protection and energy security in Europe
- Innovative and dynamic working atmosphere in a small team in a remote setup with the option to come to the office
- A lot of room to develop in the fast-growing sector of dynamic energy tariffs
- Central office location in Vienna close to the U-Bahn U3 Zieglergasse and integration into the social start-up Scene at “Impact Hub Vienna”
tado°/ aWATTar is an equal opportunity employer and we are striving for a diverse workforce. Thus, we recruit talented individuals based solely on their competencies and skills, without any regard to their race, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, religion, belief, disability, or age.