Temporary Lab Technician
35 to 40 hours a week, for 8 to 10 weeks in September - November
We’re looking for a self-motivated and organized individual to join our ever-growing Lab Operations team. As a Laboratory Technician, you’ll be performing high-throughput soil processing, which consists of making soil slurry, subsampling it for the different measurements we offer, and cleaning tools and area used in the process. You’ll be integral in helping us meet our tight deliverable deadlines, so the ideal candidate would have great organization, communication skills, as well as basic understanding of science and pipetting. As a part of our team, you’ll be given the opportunity to work closely with various subject matter experts in the fields of agriculture, analytics, microbiome, and molecular biology, further expanding your knowledge across the board.
- Perform high-throughput processing of soil samples (sample preparation)
- Comply with all Trace safety and company practices
- Other duties as needed
- Responsible, punctual, and reliable
- Attention to details
- Multitasking skills
- Organized/Clean working space
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures
- Lab Tech 2 will also have proficiency in pipetting, previous experience in general laboratory equipment, and preferably college courses in life science or chemistry.
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements
- Requires standing for long hours in a noisy environment
- Work with repetitive tasks
- Must be able to lift 25 to 50 lbs
Key Personal Attributes Include
Committed to our core values: Customer-Driven, Scientific Integrity, Creative Problem Solving, Diversity & Inclusion, and Fearless Determination
Please note there is no relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.