Trace Genomics is looking for an individual who will perform the duties of a Process Engineer in the Production Facility in Ames, Iowa. The successful candidate will work with the existing processes to sustain and continuously improve them during the higher production seasons. During the slower part of the year, the successful candidate will work with the Team to evaluate what areas need to be improved based on the following criteria: Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. This opportunity is ideal for someone who likes to be hands on with the processes and equipment and then turn around and design new features that will improve the processes and equipment while working with the Team to get their input and ownership.
Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the existing process with focus on Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost:
- Develop Preventive Maintenance and Total Preventative Maintenance Programs for lab equipment.
- Work with the Product Team to eliminate errors and reruns.
- Work with the Production Team to continuously improve the processes and eliminate waste, utilizing Lean Manufacturing practices.
- Work with the Quality Team to help make data driven decisions on where to put resources, recommending where we can gain the biggest improvements for our investment.
- Supporting the Development Teams:
- Regularly attend joint meetings to share information about production performance.
- Using the performance data, help identify where the Development Teams should look to help with improvements.
- Ensure that the processes and equipment that the Development Teams are ready to deploy are ready for production. Write specifications for equipment and processes for both internal and external suppliers.
- Develop run-off criteria for new equipment and processes for internal and external suppliers.
- Work with suppliers on specifics for equipment and parts.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in a high-volume, process-focused production facility in agriculture, chemicals, food, or manufacturing industries.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in a Production Facility.
- Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, or equivalent process manufacturing training.
- SolidWorks, PLC programming, and Lean Manufacturing experience.
- Experience taking a data-driven approach to performance optimization.
- Ability to analyze data and make appropriate graphical representation to drive decisions.
- Ability to operate independently and with demanding schedules.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, across the team.
Key Personal Attributes:
Committed to our core values: Customer-Driven, Scientific Integrity, Creative Problem Solving, Diversity & Inclusion, and Fearless Determination
Please note there is no relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.